Skip to Main Content

Researching at a Distance: About

Reciprocal Borrowing Privileges

  • If you are traveling across Canada and would like to borrow materials from another library, before you leave, ask at the General Services Desk in the Library for a COPPUL (Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries) card and/or a TAL (The Alberta Library) card. Both cards are free of charge for U of L faculty, graduate students and staff.
  • The COPPUL card enables faculty, graduate students and staff to borrow materials from 22 COPPUL university libraries in the western provinces, as well as from university libraries across the rest of Canada who are members of CURBA (Canadian University Reciprocal Borrowing Agreement). Detailed information on borrowing privileges is available at
  • The Alberta Library (TAL) card enables faculty, students and staff to borrow materials from over 300 participating libraries in Alberta, including public, government, and post-secondary libraries. Note: TAL library materials can be returned to any participating TAL library in Alberta.

Extended Library Services

  • University faculty, instructors, and staff employed at the Lethbridge campus may apply for extended library services if they have a need for library services while engaged temporarily in work- or research-related study at a distance. Applicants for extended library services are typically engaged in the delivery of a University of Lethbridge course or in research that places them temporarily at an off-campus location that is more than 90 kilometers outside of the city limits of Lethbridge.
  • To apply for extended library services please complete the Library Borrowing Privileges Application form, and choose "UofL Distance" as your "primary campus".

Questions: Please contact the Library Services Desk (403-329-2265).

Bookmark and Share