The public services mission of the University of Lethbridge Library is to facilitate the information needs of our community’s academic staff, students, and administrators in the pursuit of academic and research excellence. We are student and academic staff focused, and community-minded.
- We provide equitable access to information in our collection; create, support, and maintain pathways to information held in other institutions and collections; and educate our users to identify, evaluate, and use information.
- As an integral part of the University and an important hub for scholarly research, the Library supports the goals of research-informed teaching and learning, creative discovery, and scholarship by sustaining physical and digital collections and subscriptions, offering technological and information literacy support, and maintaining and creating forward-looking course and workshop offerings.
- We support the University’s goals of equity, diversity, inclusion, and Indigenization, and include Indigenous and other ways of knowing in our collections and spaces.
- The Library strives to support information needs and access to information through community outreach, and partnerships on campus and throughout Southern Alberta.
- The University of Lethbridge, as a comprehensive academic and research university, benefits from a Library that serves these goals on an individual and collective basis; and at the undergraduate, graduate, and academic staff levels.
Accepted November 24, 2020 by Library Advisory & Planning Committee