Because of space limitations, the Library must set limits and priorities for distribution or display of printed materials (e.g., flyers, brochures, posters, bookmarks, etc.) within the Library's facilities. In order to accommodate the distribution of essential information on Library services and operations, to provide equitable treatment of posting requests and to enhance the aesthetics of the Library, the following policy is adopted.
Procedures for Posting on Bulletin Boards
- Groups and individuals who wish to post information must bring their item(s) to either of the service desks on Level 10 in the Library.
- Items received will be forwarded to the staff member who has been designated the responsibility of posting materials on the bulletin boards. The staff member will determine the appropriateness of the items (see Acceptable Items below) and will be responsible for removing outdated material and for keeping the bulletin boards neat.
- The Library reserves the right to remove any posted material which has not been approved.
Procedures for Posting Elsewhere in the Library
- A free-standing message board located at the Library entrance is reserved for the posting of Library related information and events.
- Postings on the outside of the Library doors, on the pillars outside the Library entrance and in other unauthorized places in the Library are forbidden and will be removed. Only signage produced by the Community Engagement Team will be allowed in these areas.
Fliers, posters, or similar material for:
- Library related events, services and resources
- U of L sponsored programs, events, services, classes
- University club events
Fliers, brochures, posters, giveaways, or similar material for:
- Commercial or personal services
- Items for sale or rent
University Policy: Signage & Advertising on University Premises