LENDING TO OTHER LIBRARIES
The Document Delivery Services Office is staffed Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (MT).
Contact information for libraries wanting to borrow materials from the University of Lethbridge Library:
Document Delivery Services
University of Lethbridge Library
4401 University Drive W.
Lethbridge, AB T1K 3M4
Phone: 403-329-5198 or 403-329-2264
ILL Symbol: ALU
ILL Request Methods
- Relais Online Request Form: https://alu.relais-host.com/user/login.html?group=library
- Instructions are available for using the Relais Online Request Form
- Login ID and Password information is available by phone at (403) 329-5198 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Automated ILL- Systems using GSM (Generic Script Messages) sent via SMTP email: email@example.com
- For Automated ILL-Systems using ISO (ISO Protocol /TCP Email Messages) sent via SMTP email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Automated ILL-Systems (OCLC and Agent) that communicate via ISO ILL using TCP (instead of email) please use: relais-host.com:1629
We do not accept requests by telephone.
- 5 weeks from date of receipt (monographs/microfilm/microfiche)
- 2 weeks from date of receipt (audiovisual materials)
- 3 volumes or microfilm reels of a title lent at a time
- 1 renewal upon request
- items are subject to recall at any time
- select audiovisual materials
- select microfiche and microfilm
Will Not Lend:
- Curriculum Laboratory materials
- government documents
- print serials
- reference materials
- reserve materials
- special collections materials
- music recordings
- 16 mm films
Arrangements may be considered for items normally not for loan.
Loans are sent by:
- Alberta Government Courier to Alberta public libraries
- Canada Post Library Materials Rate to all other Alberta and Canadian libraries
- Courier to U.S. and international libraries
Rush loans will be sent by courier collect to the requesting library; please provide courier name and account number on your request form.
It is the policy of the University of Lethbridge Library to comply fully with the provisions of the Canadian Copyright Act. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgement, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
Lending/Document Delivery Charges
|Alberta Association of Academic Libraries (AAAL)
|Alberta Resource-sharing Consortium (ARC)
|Alberta Not For Profit
|Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL)
|CAUL-CBUA, BCI, OCUL
|Canadian Association of Research Libraries (CARL)
|Canada Not For Profit
|Canada For Profit
|U.S.A./International Not For Profit
|U.S.A./International For Profit
Invoices are sent annually in January. Invoices for lost materials will be generated as needed. Once an invoice is paid, all charges are non-refundable. Payment options will be listed on the invoice. If lost, replacement copies will not be accepted.
- The office is closed between Christmas and New Year's Day each year.