10. FEES AND FINANCIAL PENALTIES
- 10.1 The University Library reserves the right to establish fees and financial penalties relevant to this Access Policy. Such fees and financial penalties are subject to approval by the Board of Governors. The schedule of fees and financial penalties is available from the Office of the University Librarian.
- 10.2 A registration fee for borrowing privileges may be charged to individuals who are not members of the University Community.
- 10.3 Fees for access to remote collections may be charged for obtaining materials from other institutions.
- 10.4 Financial penalties may be levied in cases of overdue items, to encourage the equitable access to and use of resources.
- 10.5 In cases of dispute, financial penalties may be appealed.
- 10.6 The borrower will be responsible for the repair or replacement cost of lost or damaged items as recorded in the records of that item. Financial penalties for lost items will take into consideration the cost of the item and the Library's cost in replacing it.
- 10.7 Individuals owing more than $10.001 to the University Library may not be allowed further borrowing privileges.
- 10.8 Accounts in arrears may be forwarded to the University Administration for referral to a financial collection agency.
1. Approved by GFC Library Committee, June 2001.
Continue to Access Policy, Table of Contents