While most research questions I receive can be solved via email, there are times when students and faculty need more in-depth support. If you're new to library research, returning to academia, or digging deep into a topic (literature review, research assistant project, thesis, etc) consider booking some time with me.
Getting the most out of your appointment:
- Send me a brief description of your research issue and what you've already tried - I like to do a bit of my own exploration before we meet (I'm learning too!).
- Try to ensure your laptop is charged so you don't have to worry about running out of juice mid-way through the appointment - I want you to be relaxed and able to focus on your work.
- Feel free to eat and drink during the appointment - again, I want you to be comfortable.
- In-depth research is a process - it is possible that we may have to meet again, but more often we can follow-up via email. If possible, try to use the original email thread so we can keep all of our work together in one place.
- If you're a parent and your kids drop-in - that's okay! Zoom-bombing pets are a bonus.