SciFinder ® retrieves information contained in databases produced by Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS) as well as in the MEDLINE® database of the National Library of Medicine (NLM). CAS Databases searched include: CAplus (journal literature), CAS Registry (substances), CAS React (chemical synthesis information), CHEMLIST (regulated chemicals), CHEMCATS (Chemical Suppliers), MARPAT (patent information), and CIN (industry news). That means you can search for references in the literature, for chemical substances, or for chemical reactions.
A Council of Prairie and Pacific University Libraries (COPPUL) initiative
You must create a free user account (see link below) before using SciFinder® . This must be done from on-campus using your Uleth email address.
Access research from many scientific disciplines including chemistry, biomedical sciences, engineering, materials science, agricultural science, and more. Explore:
- references from over 10,000 currently published journals and patent information from more than 50 active patent issuing authorities
- complete coverage of chemistry and the life sciences
- important scientific discoveries from the present to the mid-1800s
- the latest scientific breakthroughs in chemistry research
- organic and inorganic substance information
- reaction searching
- For assistance using SciFinder, please consult the guide, Using SciFinder