Search the Library Catalogue to find Books and e-Books.
- You can search by title or author.
- If you are looking for information on a topic, search by keyword or subject heading. The video to the right provides you with strategies for making the most of your Catalogue searches.
- Subject headings are standardized terms assigned to each resource to describe content. Below are some broad subject headings used in Women & Gender Studies:
- Women - Canada
- Women - Political Activity
- Women - Social Conditions
- Women - Violence Against
- Women - The Family - Marriage
- Sex Role
- Gender Identity
- Feminist Theory
- Social Justice
- When you find an item that is relevant to your search, pay attention to the subject headings used to describe the item in the Catalogue Record. You can use the subject headings in other Catalogue searches and in the Library's databases to find articles on your topic.
- You can also browse the Library’s print collections. Many books and journals relevant to Women & Gender Studies are shelved on Floor 9 in the HQ section; however, the interdisciplinary nature of the field results in relevant items being shelved throughout the Library.
- If you need assistance with your searches, please don't hesitate to Ask Us - we're here to help!